Can I change doctors within the practice?
Generally this is not done. For obvious reasons, this is awkward for both doctor and patient. Our doctors share hospital responsibility for hospital coverage and you would still be seen at times by your previous physician. We have confidence and trust in all of our physicians and it is important to maintain this.
What are the symptoms of the flu?
- Fever (a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Loss of appetite
- Body aches
- Runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
What steps can you take to prevent the spread of the flu?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or use your shirt sleeve)
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Avoid contact with infected individuals
- Get the H1N1 vaccine
What should you do if you get the flu?
- Take Tylenol, Advil, or other fever reducing medication
- Stay home for at least 24 hours after you have a normal temperature without medication
- Call our office at (256) 383- 4447 if your fever doesn’t respond to medication.
Why am I having to complete new forms for registration?
We are now updating our database to conform to new regulations that are now required of healthcare providers. We know that this will take some additional time, however, please understand that these requirements are necessary for us to maintain compliance with new healthcare regulations. Updating our database and having the most recent data will also insure that your care can be coordinated efficiently and streamlined whenever possible.